AMD have been hard at work this month already, releasing the latest Catalyst Application Profile update for AMD Catalyst. The new release is version 12.1 CAP 2, and adds application-specific CrossFireX optimizations to the driver, which lets the driver effectively use two or more AMD Radeon GPUs working in tandem optimally.
The new release also fixes a few bugs that existed with the current optimizations. The new version 12.1 CAP 2 includes profiles for the following games:
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Improves CrossFire performance and resolves flickering seen on the Map
- Unigine Tropics: Resolves flashing shadow reflections with CrossFire enabled
- Wargame: European Escalation: Improves CrossFire Performance.
Download the AMD Catalyst Application Profiles 12.1 CAP 2, here.
- >> NEXT STORY: Hawken to launch as free-to-play, PC beta is coming soon
- << PREVIOUS STORY: RumorTT: Apple iPad 3 to launch in the first week of March