HTC have been in the ring, taking punches from Apple and Samsung, but that hasn't stopped them continuing their fight in the mobile industry. After some financial stumbles in 2011, because of the constant onslaught from Apple and Samsung, as well as the spying allegations from the security breach of "Carrier IQ", HTC have seen better days.
HTC are set to unveil at least four new high-end handsets at the Mobile World Congress 2012 which is held in Barcelona, Spain and runs between February 27th to March 1st. HTC is expected to unveil an ultra-thin smartphone code-named HTC "Ville," which is said to be competition for Motorola's Droid RAZR. "Edge" is meant to be unveiled, which should be a quad-core smartphone, one of the world's first.
Some analysts are saying that HTC's future phones could be the ones to push them back onto the winning path. Marc Einstein, Tokyo-based Industry Manager for Mobile and Wireless Communications for Frost and Sullivan has said to Reuters:
The smartphone industry is so fast moving, I wouldn't count them out.
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- Motorola foldable Razr durability tested with real razor, sand, fire
- HTC launching 3 new VR headsets, just in time for Half-Life: Alyx
- Microsoft's new Edge logo looks like a Tide pod, please don't eat it
- Modern Warfare to get 200-player battle royale mode with cross-play
- HTC's new Vive Proton prototype VR headset teased for 5G smartphones
- > NEXT STORY: Samsung and Apple to have 90% of 2012 mobile profits
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Another torrent site closes, this time voluntarily, BTJunkie closes its doors