Our Mobile App of the Day is Osmos for Android.
Enter the Darwinian world of a galactic mote. Absorb, or be absorbed...
The hit iOS game comes to Android! To celebrate, we're launching at the sweet sale price of $2.99!
Absorb or be absorbed! Enter the Darwinian world of a galactic mote. To survive, absorb smaller organisms and grow-but beware of larger predators! Winner of multiple "Game of the Year" awards, Osmos features unique physics-based play, stellar graphics, and a hypnotic soundtrack of ambient electronica. Ready to evolve?
- This single version is optimized for both tablets and phones. Enjoy on all your Android devices. (Requires multitouch and 2.2 or higher. For more info, please visit http://www.hemispheregames.com/faq-android/#tech_devices)
- Multitouch awesomeness: pinch to zoom, tap to eject mass, flick to warp time...
- Unique physics-based gameplay: to propel yourself you must eject matter behind you, causing you to shrink. From this fundamental balance, Osmos leads the player through ambient playgrounds, deep solar systems, competitive petri dishes, dense mote-fields, and more.
- Two game modes: Odyssey and Arcade. Odyssey mode is a 27-level guided tour through the Osmos Blobiverse, while Arcade mode allows you to play any level type at your choice of difficulty. (72 levels total.)
- Dynamic time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge
- Eight Distinct level types: Ambient, Antimatter, Solar, Sentient, Impasse, Warped Chaos, Epicycles, and Repulsor.
- Sublime electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas/High Skies, Julien Neto, Biosphere, and more.
- Wind your way through simple and complex solar systems, feeling and using the force of Attractors and Repulsors.
- Confront four distinct personalities of intelligent opponents, with goals and abilities similar to your own.
- Procedural content: play random versions of any level in Arcade mode.
- Thirteen lucky achievements to earn.
- winner of multiple "Game of the Year" and "Editor's Choice" awards, including from Wired, Apple, IGN, 148Apps, and more.
- Nominated for 4 IGF awards and winner of the "Vision" award.
- Winner of "Best in Show" and "Fun/Compelling" at IndieCade.
- Selected for the PAX 10 and more.
Download Osmos for Android, here, or from the Android Market on your device.
- >> NEXT STORY: Deal of the Day: 60-Inch Sharp AQUOS LC-60LE6300U 1080p 120hz LED LCD HDTV for $999.99 with FREE Shipping!
- << PREVIOUS STORY: AMD-powered tablet shows off Android 4.0