I've just moved house, and as most of you would know its hectic. The thing I hate the most? I haven't had any time to play Battlefield 3. Radeon HD 7970s are out, and it feels like they're here with a sole purpose to tease me. Like a lingerie model dancing in front of you and your hands have been cut off, you know what I mean?
Well, DICE's Alan Kertz has now come out and given some more information on a forthcoming Battlefield 3 update, and has had the following to say when asked the questions below, I've put his answers in bold.
- When asked if sniper rifles would be getting a fix in terms of their red dont/holo inaccuracy when trying to aim down sights: "Indeed"
- When asked if the game could get an RPG rocket that fired at real-life speed but with realist inaccuracy: "Generally I try to stay away from inaccuracy as a balance mechanic."
- When asked if there is any chance of the Support class getting Heavy Barrel option like in the beta: "Maybe on the clip based weapons. It would be an interesting choice for them."
- When a BF3 fan said that he loved the .44 Magnum, but 'don't you think 5 hit kill at range is a little much. It has 6 rounds.': "We agree, you and I."
- When asked if DICE is really thinking about nerving the javelin: "Wut? Against choppers a bit maybe."
- When a player says that they think the M320 should be removed, or that players shouldn't be able to refill ammo for them (due to, in the player's words, a 'whole team using only M320′s is just annoying'): "The refill speed on them is too fast, will update."
- Also on the M320, when asked if it is near the top for most kills stats-wise: "No where close."
- When asked if an Underslung Rail on the L85 would be possible: "The L85 rail requires a substantial increase in hand guard length. Its not a prio for me at the moment."
- When asked if tracer darts might be brought from Bad Company 2 to Battlefield 3: "No tracer darts, the SOFLAM fills that role."
Where are the UAV boosting fixes? Also multi-GPU scaling seems to be broken (for me at least on SLI GTX 570's) - once destruction across the level hits (after 5 minutes of playing), my frames take a hit, too.
- > NEXT STORY: Diablo 3 is coming to consoles
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Mad Catz Pro Circuit Game controller, mod your own controller