Samsung have just confirmed through a post on Samsung Tomorrow, that they will roll out Ice Cream Sandwich to the various models of Galaxy S II smartphones, as well as the Galaxy Note, in the first quarter of 2012. This lines up with other manufacturers and their Android 4.0 rollouts.
Other Samsung models would get updated afterwards, including the Galaxy R, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy Tab 8.9, Galaxy Tab 7.7 and Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus. Stateside, carrier testing will play a role in when we see the updates. Samsung's Ice Cream Sandwich updates should be baked in the best, as they've spent the most time with the update, having collaborated with Google for the first ICS-sporting smartphone, Galaxy Nexus.
I can't wait, as I'm dying for an Ice Cream Sandwich update to my Galaxy S II.
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Note 20+, Note 20 Ultra renders teased
- Intel's next-gen 38C/76T and 48C/96T chips coming in 2020
- Netflix and Ben & Jerry's partner for new flavor 'Netflix & Chill'd'
- This is our first look at Samsung's new Galaxy Note 20 smartphone
- Samsung unveils Galaxy S10 Lite, Galaxy Note 10 Lite smartphones
- > NEXT STORY: Spotted: AMD's Radeon's HD 7970 PCB
- < PREVIOUS STORY: NVIDIA release GeForce 290.53 beta drivers, includes Skyrim tweaks