I can see it now. Samsung's Galaxy Nexus handset is propped open, LN2 is used and they've overclocked it to insane levels. New 3DMark for Android record achieved! Futuremark only two weeks ago announced 3DMark for Windows 8 and today comes the announcement in my inbox of 3DMark for Android.
Futuremark have said that the results from these two benchmarks will actually be comparable, so I would definitely like to know how that will happen. 3DMark for Android is currently in development with an ETA of sometime in 2012. 3DMark for Android (which is a working title by the way) will:
Measures gaming performance using rendering, CPU and physics tests.
- Stunning real-time graphics push the OpenGL ES API to the limit.
- Complementary online service to compare results between devices.
- Results will be comparable with 3DMark for Windows 8.
- Currently in development, expected to be released in 2012.
- >> NEXT STORY: Xbox 360 enjoys biggest week in Xbox history, nearly 1 million consoles sold
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Apple iPhone spontaneously combusts aboard flight in Australia