Up until now, I've been living out Max Payne 3 in my head. The last game, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne was released nearly 10 years ago, in 2003. As a console-created-then-ported-to-PC game, I'm not expecting that much. But, this new video is definitely getting me excited.
The only problem is that they've tweaked the aiming system, Max Payne 3 has been made to 'create an accurate, responsive and realistic third-person shooter as possible', Max Payne 3 targeting and shooting mechanics have been finely tuned. They've combined the precision of a first-person shooter, with a connection to the character that is normally given to the third-person shooter. The video goes into great detail of what Rockstar have achieved, and Max Payne 3 is coming along very nicely.
As the man talking in the video says that, you can see Max aiming between two enemies, in a straight line, left to right. It just feels simple, console-y and not frantic like the original Max Payne games were. But sweet baby jesus does it look good! Graphics, animation, body movement, it's all good! I don't want to spoil too much, but check it out!
Last updated: Mar 9, 2014 at 12:00 am CST
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X to be delayed past 2020, analyst predicts
- Xbox Series X games are 'unlike anything you've ever seen before'
- Xbox Series X enhanced games aren't compatible with HDDs
- Xbox Series X natively upgrades current-gen games to native 4K
- > NEXT STORY: JB Hi-Fi's Direct Import, online-only store
- < PREVIOUS STORY: The next, Next Gen of WarpDrive Pictured, WarpCache?