Our App of the Day today is Facebook for iPhone and iPad 4.0.1 with iOS 3.0 or later.
With the mad rush of iOS app update recently with iOS 5.0 about to drop on the world, Facebook also joined in on the fun.
Yesterday Zuck and crew finally made the world and its iPad's happy by finally releasing Facebook for iPad. It's pretty much what I expected, but that's a good thing. It provides almost the full desktop Facebook experience on your iPad and they did a good job of it.
Besides the launch of Facebook for iPad, the regular iPhone app has also bene updated with some rather good user interface changes that I like a lot. Today Facebook released version 4.0.1 which fixes some issues with signing in after updating the app from an older version.
Facebook for iPad
With high-res photos, games, chat and more, now you can get the best of Facebook-on your iPad.
- Enjoy bigger, better photos: Your photos are high-res and easy to flip through, like a real photo album
- Navigate anywhere, fast: Just tap, slide or pinch to move from one screen to another
- Play games on the go: Access your favorite Facebook apps and games, wherever you are
- Focus on what matters: Zoom in on your friends' photos, updates and stories
- Never lose your place: Share a photo, update your status or send a message without leaving News Feed
- See who's nearby: Check out the Nearby map to see what your friends are up to
Facebook for iPhone
Facebook for iPhone lets you stay connected and share with friends on the go. Start a chat, keep up with friends' photos and status updates, look up a phone number, upload photos to Facebook and more-right from your iPhone.
The latest version of the app includes the following changes:
What's New in Version 4.0
With improved search and browsing, the facebook.com features you use most are now just a touch away. It's a faster, fuller Facebook for iPhone.
- Games & Apps: Play games and access your favorite apps on the go
- Navigation: Send a message or see your notifications from any screen, and swipe to browse Facebook without losing your place in News Feed
- Bookmarks: Your groups, pages and apps are all in your left-hand menu, and the ones you use most are right on top
- Search: Search for anything on Facebook-people, apps, pages and more-without having to click around or switch views
- Security: We've added a few updates to make the app more secure
- >> NEXT STORY: WD has suspended its HDD production in Thailand due to floods
- << PREVIOUS STORY: GeIL's EpicGear showcase Meduza, world's first HDST dual sensor gaming mouse