Our App of the Day today is Facebook 3.5 for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad with iOS 3.0 or later.
Facebook pushed out a pretty major update to its iPhone app yesterday (yes, we know - still no native iPad app... boo!). The update was pushed out just after an update for Google+ was released. Strange timing or is it Facebook fighting back?
The new update is a good one with many changes such as the ability to tag friends and places in posts, the ability to share external links from a web view and much improved group and profile wall designs.
Facebook for iPhone makes it easy to stay connected and share information with friends. Use your iPhone to start a conversation with Facebook Chat, check your friends' latest photos and status updates, look up a phone number, or upload your own mobile photos to Facebook while on the go.
The latest version of the app includes the following changes:
What's New in Version 3.5
Made it easier to share with who you want
- Added the ability to tag friends and places in posts
- Added the ability to share external links from a web view
- Added new design for Profile and Group Walls
- Improved the sharing tool to add privacy controls on posts and match your settings on the web site
Improvements and bug fixes:
- Improved Notifications speed
- Fixed a number of Chat bugs
- Made it easier to select filters in News Feed
- Fixed a bug with the Notifications bar disappearing
- Fixed a number of Photos bugs
- Improved performance and stability overall
- >> NEXT STORY: AMD ships first "Bulldozer" processors News Post
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Wednesday Afternoon Roundup for September 7, 2011