Our Download of the Day today is AxCrypt 1.7.2610.0.
AxCrypt is used to share and work with stored documents, and e-mail attachments, in a secure manner.
If your documents reside on a document sharing service, intranet or file server AxCrypt is especially well suited and will usually seamlessly integrate, and make sharing and storing sensitive data as easy as not protecting it.
AxCrypt is great for protecting your documents such as private letters, correspondence, job information, medical information, financial details stored on a local hard disk or network server.
Just right-click any document file and encrypt it with AxCrypt. Viewing and opening for update is just as convenient as before encryption due to AxCrypt's automatic decryption/open/re-encryption function.
If you use a Key-File on a diskette or USB thumb drive, your files will be encrypted to the highest level of protection as long the Key-File is kept secret.
To encrypt a file, right-click it in Windows Explorer, select 'AxCrypt > Encrypt' and enter a pass phrase plus the path to an optional strong key file.
To edit or view an encrypted file - just double-click it.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 1.7.2610.0
- Improved support for invocation by services such as IIS. [Internal]
- Danish language menu text was wrong. [Internal]
- Internal build changes to facilitate distribution of AxCrypt2Go and AxDecrypt. [Internal]
- Windows 2000 obsolete and no longer supported. [Internal]
- >> NEXT STORY: AMD extends Radeon branding into the DDR3 memory market
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Deal of the Day: Logitech M305 Wireless Optical Mouse - $11.99 Shipped Free