COMPUTEX Taipei 2011 - Another stop yesterday was with Tony from SilverStone who introduced us to something completely crazy and ridiculous - we are talking about the prototype concept Temjin TJ12 case.
This massive sucker of a chassis comes with no less than 19 expansion slots, you have never ever seen anything like this before from a desktop solution. In the demo at their booth they were showcasing the TJ12 with six GeForce GTX 580 video cards. These video cards take up two slots each, still leaving a lot of expansion for other PCI Express based devices at the same time.
SilverStone is able to achieve this feat by introducing a ribbon cable that runs from the motherboard to another area of the case. If you don't want to use all those video cards, the top part of the case is module so that you can add in extra power supplies. As you can imagine, it will fit basically any motherboard you throw at it including quad processor boards and of course the EVGA SR-2.
The TJ12 is still in early development and will no doubt see some changes before it goes into production until sometime next year. They are still playing around with the cooling design and hard drive bays.
Last updated: Jan 17, 2016 at 12:19 am CST
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080/3080 Ti: more VRAM, way faster and CHEAPER?!
- Detroit: Become Human PC specs increased just before its release
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER rumored for October 17 and around $250
- Here's the Half-Life: Alyx PC requirements -- RX 580/GTX 1060 required
- > NEXT STORY: Lian Li have attack of confusion and switch mobo IO to front of case with PC-100
- < PREVIOUS STORY: BitFenix go electronic with fan controller that works on your smartphone