Some lucky Motorola Xoom owners are receiving over-the-air Android 3.1 updates to their WiFi-only Xoom's. Motorola has previously said that this update would be available "within the next several weeks" and by several weeks we kinda mean now. 3G Xoom owners have an option besides waiting for the OTA update and that is the ability to install the Android 3.1 manually via Android Total.
The software update includes a bunch of features and fixes including:
* Support for the new Android Market movie rentals service with thousands of titles available for immediate viewing on the Motorola XOOM's high-resolution display or on a larger screen via HDMI
* Full support for the final release of Adobe® Flash® Player 10.2, delivering significant performance enhancements when viewing rich Flash content on the web
* Resizable widgets to enable further customization of home screens
* Support for USB-connected peripherals and accessories, such as keyboards, mice, game controllers and digital cameras
* Expanded Bluetooth features to support Bluetooth headsets in Google Talk video chats and Bluetooth mouse support in addition to additional shortcut keys with the Bluetooth keyboard
* Picture Transfer Protocol Feature support to enable easier transfer of photo files to your PC without the need for drivers
- >> NEXT STORY: Boxee Box updates to v1.1, includes improved browser, playback controls and other goodies
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Details on Intel's Sandy Bridge Celeron processor
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de