[img]04[/img]Our Download of the Day today is Defraggler 2.02.253.
Most defrag tools only allow you to defrag an entire drive. Defraggler lets you specify one or more files, folders, or the whole drive to defragment.
When Defraggler reads or writes a file, it uses the exact same techniques that Windows uses. Using Defraggler is just as safe for your files as using Windows.
At a glance, you can see how fragmented your hard drive is. Defraggler's drive map shows you blocks that are empty, not fragmented, or needing defragmentation.
Give your hard drive a quick touch-up with Quick Defrag
Organizes empty disk space to further prevent fragmentation
Defragment while you sleep - and wake up with a faster PC. Set Defraggler to run daily, weekly or monthly
Full Windows OS and Multi-lingual support
Boot time defrag of system files
Supports 37 major languages
Defraggler is made by Piriform, the company that also brought you CCleaner and Recuva, so is completely free!
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 2.02.253
- Improvements to speed and accuracy of the search algorithm.
- Redesigned NTFS processes for optimized speed and memory.
- Improved event handling with Windows 7.
- Improved scheduling for non-admin users.
- Fixed issue that caused drive icons to disappear from the drive list.
- Fixed issue that caused the Analyze button to be incorrectly drawn during long tasks.
- Improved handling of long non-English strings in options dialog.
- Fixed issue with fragmentation percent when drive contains sparse files.
- Moved about dialog to a separate window.
- Improved error logging in Windows 7.
- Minor GUI changes and tweaks.
- Minor bug fixes.
- >> NEXT STORY: AMD C-50 Fusion APU inside Toshiba NB550D gets benchmarked
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Deal of the Day: ViewSonic G-Tablet 10.1" Android 2.2 Tablet - $379.99 Shipped Free!