Our Download of the Day today is Growl 2.0.6.
Growl lets you know when things happen. Files finished downloading, friends came online, new email has arrived - Growl can let you know when any event occurs with a subtle notification. The rest of the time, Growl stays out of your way.
Along with letting you know when things happen, Growl also gives you full control over how you are notified and what action (if any) you want to take in response to the notification. You can choose to be alerted with a visual indicator or an audible alert, both, or neither. You can choose the type of display that is shown, whether the display remains on the screen, the importance of the notification, and even if the notification should be forwarded to another computer. You can have notifications that trigger an email, run a script, launch a program, or are read out loud.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 2.0.6
- fixed a bug that could cause very long text with no spaces (such as urls) to be truncated in some displays
- fixed a bug that caused auto-install links to not work properly when called from Opera
- fixed a bug that caused UDP notifications to not get forwarded
- released Boxcar subscription plugin and updated Boxcar forwarder plugin (to prevent loops)
- >> NEXT STORY: Fatal1ty motherboards return by ASRock, hands-on and chat about P67 Professional
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Deal of the Day: HP Photosmart Plus e-All-in-One Printer - $99.99 Shipped Free