If you like, the idea of a netbook computer that runs a really fast version of Linux for it's OS you will be interested to hear that a new notebook powered by Jolicloud is apparently coming soon. The CEO of Jolicould tweeted some pics of the notebook a while back and it looks pretty crazy with artwork all over the front.
Under that bright case is hardware that you would expect to find inside a netbook like an Intel Atom N550 CPU, 10.1-inch screen with 720p resolution, and 250GB of storage. Where this rig differs from the norm is that it doesn't run Windows or other common operating systems, it is powered the Jolicloud, which is Linux derived.
There are no other hard details on this machine. We have no idea if the machine will be able to run common software your average netbook will handle or how much the thing will cost. The company says that it will have an "affordable price" but one man's affordable is another man's expensive.
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- Destiny 2's Season of Dawn calendar timeline revealed
- Next-gen Xbox's name will reflect its function, Microsoft boss says
- Google becomes the 1st company in the U.S to deliver packages by drone
- Destiny's best Guardian is back with new Season of Dawn
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds
- > NEXT STORY: Nintendo wants trademark for "On Like Donkey Kong"
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Sources say AMD HD 6970 will beat NV GTX 580