The Wii launched in 2006 - which seems like a long time ago now, just a month before Apple announced their first iPhone. Nintendo's Wii certainly has "ushered in a new era of video games" with "built-in motion controls" for interactive video games that anyone can play, "regardless of age, gender or gaming experience".
And now, as opposed to the original motion-sensing Wii remote controller, Nintendo now includes its new, improved remote, Wii Remote Plus with Wii MotionPlus functionality built in, something that is essential for the newest, more motion accurate games.
Something I didn't know - is the Wii is available in red for a limited time only - at AUD $299.95
Last updated: Nov 30, -0001 at 12:00 am CST
- If you break your Switch during quarantine, Nintendo won't repair it
- Nintendo first-party games make up 75% of all Switch game sales
- Nintendo Switch sales smash 52.48 million with strong holiday quarter
- Switch Pro with 4K gaming coming in 2020 at $399, analyst predicts
- Analyst: Switch could sell 5 million units in China in first year
- > NEXT STORY: RumorTT: Android 2.3 in the next few days?
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Windows Phone 7 goes on sales in the US