Still haven't heard from Mr Tweak about my E3 tickets for next year. He'd better do something soon... Anyways, here's some news to keep you company on this mild Friday afternoon (well, it's Friday afternoon here...):
- The guys over at Frosty Tech have made themselves a custom GPU cooling setup and tested it on an MSI GF4 Ti4600. The good thing about this cooler is that it can easily get below ambient temperature readings when in use. A good article for all those cooling enthusiasts out there.
- When you market a product, you usually try to think of a catchy name. However, there comes a point when some names are just a little over the top. Take the SuperFlower power supply. I guess it's a name people remember though. BurnOutPc.com has just finished their review on the SuperFlower 500W PSU. Here's a little of what they had to say:
"The first Powersupply i've reviewed was the Enermax 350 Whisper psu provided by Coolerguys.com. I liked it alot, it was silent and it worked as it should work, but one problem. It did not had enough power for powering up a few peltiers, a few cold cathodes, and the motherboard etc etc. So i was looking for a better powersupply to use. Today i'm looking at the SuperFlower 500 Watt Triple fan cooled powersupply provided by OC-shop.com, let's take a closer look at what we got here."
See if it, ummm..., lives up to it's name?
- Looking for a new soundcard but want an alternative to the Soundblaster range? OcPrices.com have taken a look at the Hercules Gamesurround Fortissimo II. Here's a funny little snip out of the review:
Windows XP and my Soundblaster Live! didnt get along very well. The soundblaster would come home drunk at 3am and wake Windows up, and then the two of them would get in a huge fight and throw potted plants at each other. I finally got sick of them fighting (and having to replace plants) so I kicked soundblaster out and was in search of a new roommate. I settled on the middle child in the Hercules soundcard line up, the Gamesurround Fortissimo 2. It's the midrange card between the entry level Gamesurround Muse XL and high-end Game Theater XP.
- Ever been playing games for hours upon end and thinking "I could do sooo much better if my mouse would move easier..."? I can't say I have, but apparently some people did. So some nice people at Everglide decided to make some skates for your mouse. The folks over at Ascully were nice enough to give us a review of these Everglide Mouse Skates here. Worth a look for the whining gamer in everyone.
- VisionTek Xtasy GeForce4 Ti 4400 review @ Sharkey Extreme
- Iwill P4R533-N review @ t-break
- Abit Siluro GF4 Ti4200 review @ Hot Hardware
- AOpen AX4B MAX review @ Active-Hardware
- Zalman CNPS 6500B-AlCu review @ 8BallsHW
- Soyo SY-P4S DRAGON Ultra review @ Iamnotageek
- Maxtor DiamondMax Plus D740X 60gb HDD review @ Mikhailtech
- Thermalright SLK-600 heatsink review @ System Cooling