Our Download of the Day today is Sandra Lite 2010 SP3 (16.67).
SiSoftware Sandra (the System ANalyser, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant) is an information & diagnostic utility. It should provide most of the information (including undocumented) you need to know about your hardware, software and other devices whether hardware or software.
It works along the lines of other Windows utilities, however it tries to go beyond them and show you more of what's really going on. Giving the user the ability to draw comparisons at both a high and low-level. You can get information about the CPU, chipset, video adapter, ports, printers, sound card, memory, network, Windows internals, AGP, PCI, PCI-X, PCIe (PCI Express), database, USB, USB2, 1394/Firewire, and so on.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 2010 SP3 (16.67)
- AVX instruction set (Sandy Bridge): extensive support in all benchmarks: Multi-Media (integer & float), Memory Bandwidth (integer & float, buffered and unbuffered/streaming), Cache & Memory (non-streaming).
- Support for up to 256 threads on Windows 7/Server 2008 R2! We've only tested up to 80-threads, but if you have more we'd love to hear from you! It also supports systems with holes in CPU list (e.g. CPU numbers not sequential) though it's best not to have holes wherever possible.
- Blu-Ray: we are launching Blu-Ray test disks in addition to the DVD and CD-ROM test disks!
- OpenCL: upports nVidia 3.1 and ATI/AMD 2.2 SDK versions.
- Ranking Engine: is now on-line and localised in all the languages Sandra supports