Our Download of the Day today is Sandboxie 3.46.
Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 3.46
* Support for Synaptics trackpad scrolling and Logitech SetPoint mouse horizontal scrolling.
* The Run Sandboxed dialog box expands vertically to accomodate a longer list of sandboxes, and includes a new Run Outside Sandbox option to bypass Forced Programs.
* Messages SBIE1307 and SBIE1309 issued less frequently.
* Improvements to the stability, robustness and performance of Sandboxie.
* Improved support for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows Vista and Windows 7. Support for 64-bit Windows should now be on par with 32-bit Windows.
* Improved support for Microsoft products: Windows Media Player 11, Windows Office 2010, Windows Live Mail.
* Improved support for third-party security software: McAfee SiteAdvisor, avast! Antivirus, AVG Anti-Virus, Blink Internet Security (64-bit), Kasperksy Internet Security, Online Armor, Panda Cloud Antivirus.
* Improved support for third-party applications: EMClient, Internet Download Manager, JetStart, LastPass, Linkman, NVDA, ShortKeys Lite, VirtuaWin, WinAmp, Xobni Plus, Zotero