Our Download of the Day today is Spamihilator 0.9.9.53.
Spamihilator works between your E-Mail client and the Internet and examines every incoming E-Mail. Useless spam mails (Junk) will be filtered out. This process runs completely in the background.
The Learning Filter (Bayesian Filter) uses the rules of Thomas Bayes (English mathematician, 18th century) and calculates a certain Spam-Probability for every E-Mail. You can train this filter! So it will know your messages even better than you. Hence the recognition rate will continuously increase.
The program works with almost every E-Mail client, such as Outlook 2000/XP/2003/Express, Eudora, Mozilla Thunderbird, IncrediMail, Pegasus Mail, Phoenix Mail, Opera, etc... It supports POP and IMAP accounts, as well as secure connections.
Spam Recognition Filters:
The Learning Filter recognizes more than 98% of all incoming spam mails. Use the Training Area, to increase the recognition rate continuously.
You can also specify certain words, that often appear in spam mails. The Spam-Word-Filter will look for these words.
The Link Filter searches incoming messages for links to spam websites.
The DCC-Filter connects with the DCC Network to recognize unsolicited bulk mail.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 0.9.9.53
* The new rule filter improves Spamihilator's overall recognition rate
* Fixed backup of plugin settings
* Fixed program update process
* Date of messages on systems west of Greenwich will now be displayed correctly again
* Fixed a bug that could lead to duplicate messages
* Fixed several bugs that could lead to program crashes
* Updated SSL certificate
- >> NEXT STORY: Sony unveils VAIO E notebooks in bright colors
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Deal of the Day: Samsung 23 Inch Widescreen 1080P LCD Monitor with Built in TV Tuner for Only $219.99 with FREE Shipping