It looks like ASUS' first Ion-equipped Eee PC is almost ready and should be shipping across to the states in large quantity by this time next month.
Dubbed the Eee PC 1201n, this tidy looking netbook boasts a 12-inch high resolution panel, 2GB of RAM as standard and is of course based around NVIDIA's Ion technology.
Engadget has spotted the new model on an Asian e-tailers website and it appears, at least for now, it's still relying on the aging Atom N270 processor.
The full tech specs shape up as follows :-
- Processor: Intel Atom N270 Diamondville
- Chipset: Nvidia Ion LE
- Memory: 2GB DDR2
- Hard drive: 250GB SATA 5400RPM
- Screen: LED 1366x768 pixels
- Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 9400M G
- Networking: 802.11b/g/n wireless, Ethernet 10/100
- Interface: USB2.0,, 1 x VGA, 1 x RJ45
- Battery: 6-cell 5200mAh
- OS: Windows 7 Home Premium