For years Prime95 was (and still mostly is) trusted as the application of choice to test system stability and also to burn in your CPU. A new kid on the block, well it's at least a relatively new name to us, IntelBurnTest by AgentGOD has been updated to version 2.1. Here are the changes:
- Optimized error-checking code, reduces CPU overhead
- Now displays more accurate ending time
- Simplified graphical user interface further
- Improved color of captions in the GUI
- Added ability to override the number of threads for Linpack to use
- Added display of progress in the title bar
- Now outputs current time for each iteration to log file (hh:mm:ss)
- Now auto-scrolls output list to the bottom as results are outputted
- Fixed a GUI quirk
Simply set it to start burning and it will fully load all your processor cores. You'll soon find out if your system is stable or not, it's also handy for temperature load testing.
Go and grab it here - it's only a little over 1MB.
- > NEXT STORY: CM Storm Sentinel Advance gaming mouse (video)
- < PREVIOUS STORY: MagnaCarta 2 coming exclusively to Xbox 360