NVIDIA is about to release its new ForceWare 180.47 driver in a few hours, with many new features and tweaks for new games this holiday season, but AMD got in a little earlier.
AMD has made available an ATI Catalyst hotfix for users lucky enough to be running a new Core i7 Intel X58 system.
It is said to improve performance in Far Cry 2 (DX9 and DX10) as well as in Stalker Clear Sky (DX10 and DX10.1). It also fixes a bug in Brothers in Arms - Hells Highway - get the full details below.
- Improves performance in various Direct3D and OpenGL applications on the X58 platform. AMD's next official ATI Catalyst release (ATI Catalyst 8.12) will include these optimizations
- Improves performance for the DirectX 9 version of Far Cry 2 on CrossFire compatible systems
- Improves performance for the DirectX 10 version of Far Cry 2 on both single and CrossFire compatible systems
- Improves performance for the DirectX 10 and DirectX 10.1 version of Stalker Clear Sky on both single and CrossFireX configurations at higher resolutions
- Brothers in Arms - Hells Highway no longer displays corruption on the 'Black Friday' level.
Go and grab the hotfix here if you need it.