The Blu-ray forums have been alive with the sounds of fanboys with a problem. Not uncommon of course, but this time it's about a real problem. Blu-ray players with a BD Live, or profile 2.0 compatibility have been stalling whilst attempting to play the new release Iron Man disc.
According to Video Business, it was occurring because Paramounts BD Live servers have been inundated with more connections than they anticipated, which was rectified by adding more servers. The disc is encoded to check for updates upon disc insertion and because the servers could not be contacted, it kept trying. And trying.
Whilst the disc is released next Thursday in Australia, I just received the review discs today and can confirm all works as it should.
Last updated: Nov 29, 2019 at 03:31 pm CST
- Researchers spot extremely hot exoplanet that rains iron droplets
- Xbox Series X: next-gen sound via dedicated chip and ray-traced audio
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?
- New Alien MMO shooter might be doomed, devs are getting sold twice
- > NEXT STORY: GIGABYTEs EX58-Extreme for Core i7 all geared up
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Western Digital set to acquire Fujitsus HDD biz?