As a quick heads up for those of you who make use of PhysX on your NVIDIA 8/9/GT200 series graphics card(s), there is a new build of the PhysX System Software available; Version 8.09.04, weighing in at 49.3MB.
This version supports both 32 and 64-bit variants of Windows XP and Vista. The release highlights include :-
- Supports for NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory.
- Experience GPU PhysX acceleration in several full games and demos today by downloading the GeForce Power Pack.
- Supports AGEIA PhysX processors and software runtimes (no change to PPU driver support).
- Includes the latest PhysX runtimes used in the latest game titles.
- Supports the following NVIDIA PhysX runtime engines: 2.8.1, 2.8.0, 2.7.4, 2.7.3, 2.7.2, 2.7.1, 2.7.0, 2.6.x, 2.5.x, 2.4.x and 2.3.x
- Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on GeForce via CUDA 2.0 for SDK versions 2.7.3, 2.7.2, 2.8.0 and 2.8.1 (requires graphics driver v177.81 or later).
- The PhysX control panel can be found in the Windows Start Menu under NVIDIA Corporation.
- >> NEXT STORY: Logitech unveil omnidirectional Z-5 speakers
- << PREVIOUS STORY: Super Talent further improve SSD performance