Toshiba's storage devision has just reached a new milestone, delivering the world's first dual-platter 1.8" HDD with a whopping 240GB capacity. Being just 1.8" in size, it allows for massive amounts of storage in devices such as portable media players, camcorders and ultra-mobile PCs. Codenamed MK2431GAH, the drive measures 54 (W) x 71 (D) x 8 mm (H), features a PATA interface and spins at 4,200RPMs.
Additionally, Toshiba has also introduced two more single platter HDDs with 120 and 80GB capacities, each bearing similar specs to their big 240GB brother.
All drives are said to be in full production by the end of the month. You can find the press release here for further information.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 32, RX Vega 28 rumored to be coming
- AMD's new drivers add CrossFire support to RX Vega
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM