Toshiba's storage devision has just reached a new milestone, delivering the world's first dual-platter 1.8" HDD with a whopping 240GB capacity. Being just 1.8" in size, it allows for massive amounts of storage in devices such as portable media players, camcorders and ultra-mobile PCs. Codenamed MK2431GAH, the drive measures 54 (W) x 71 (D) x 8 mm (H), features a PATA interface and spins at 4,200RPMs.
Additionally, Toshiba has also introduced two more single platter HDDs with 120 and 80GB capacities, each bearing similar specs to their big 240GB brother.
All drives are said to be in full production by the end of the month. You can find the press release here for further information.
- >> NEXT STORY: HIS quick to work on IceQ variant of HD 4670
- << PREVIOUS STORY: High resolution glamour comes to 22-inch LCD Panel
- ASRock takes out 5 world records with its TRX40 Taichi motherboard
- Mass Effect writer: BioWare's new games are based on market research
- AnandTech founder sent confidential Apple material to Nuvia staffer
- Subway tweets Zack Snyder about a Justice League sandwich
- Blizzard moves canceled Overwatch League games from China to Korea
- Old Asus Laptop
- Z370N WiFi + Adata SX8200 NVMe SSD
- Seagate FireCuda Gaming Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- MSI Radeon RX 5600 XT GAMING X Review: Please Update Your BIOS
- Seagate Barracuda Fast SSD 1TB USB-C Review
- NZXT Announces Kraken X-3 and Z-3 Series
- NZXT Announces the C Series Line of ATX PSUs
- NZXT Announces the RGB & Fan Controller
- Samsung Releases Portable SSD T7 Touch - the New Standard in Speed and Security for External Storage Devices
- MUSHKIN TO UNVEIL LATEST 2020 PRODUCT LINES AT CES