Just when you thought that the almighty PlayStation 3 was the be all and end all of Blu-ray playback, Pioneer via Gizmodo have announced a Blu-ray player so elite that even elitists will be impressed.
The BDP-09FD, the hulking 20kg behemoth (yes you read that right), packs in the highest end materials aimed at all the audiophiles out there whom have nightmares of jittery, noise filled audio signals found in lesser quality components. If you salivate at the idea of separate digital to analog converters for each channel of sound, this player is aimed at you.
This machine really will be a sight to behold, but Pioneer Australia have yet to announce whether or not it will be hitting our shores, and even if it does it will likely retail at the $4000 AUD price range. The only thing missing is an ivory front. Maybe that will come in the BDP-10FD?
Last updated: Dec 4, 2019 at 02:07 pm CST
- Xbox Series X: next-gen sound via dedicated chip and ray-traced audio
- Xbox Series X may be more powerful, but will third-party devs use it?
- Next-gen console exclusives will be few and far between through 2021
- How publishers will approach current-gen on PS5, Xbox Series X
- Xbox Series X's Smart Delivery may let you custom install games
- > NEXT STORY: SanDisk has world's fastest SDHC flash at 30MB/s
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Razer wows gamers with Megalodon 7.1 Headset