Before we start anything, I advise you to look at the Internet Security article in unchecking bindings in the Windows Network control panel. The first thing I want every user to understand is that there is no magic in getting 20mbps download speed on a 1mbps download speed pipe.
These days you won't be able to uncap (a step where the limit of amount of data being received and sent is switched to unlimited depending on the network speed, and is considered illegal by some ISP's like @home) your cable modem. DSL is a little different story where you are capped, depending on your line condition and how you may be able to handle a certain speed. When a DSL line's cap is raised, it could become unstable since too much data is being transferred at a long distance. Stay far away from any "hacks" or "patches" or certain "programs" that are suppose to make your connection much faster. They set your settings WAY too high and can cause only problems rather than fix anything.
Next step, we will take a look at what your computer already can do. IF you are close to 80% of your rated (advertised) speeds, then you are all fine!!! Go enjoy your connection! Now if you aren't, then do a speed test at dslreports.com
Below is what I received with my tweaked connection (ADSL 6mbps/128kbps).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo R&D experimenting with new games hardware
- Halo 6 might hit 4K 60FPS
- Arena brawler 'My Hero One's Justice' announced for Switch
- DOOM Rebooted will get a physical deluxe soundtrack release
- Radical Heights - first patch, new gun/performance increases
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit