The Final Result
Our final result is a somewhat clean build; I can admit we could have done slightly better with cable management. The H100i V2 fits perfectly in this case, and the GPU doesn't take up too much room. We decided to use positive airflow in this case, as it has many open vents we need air blowing out of so dust doesn't accumulate.
The power supply is situated so it grabs fresh air from the vent in the side panel and then blows it out the back of the case, and our 2.5inch SATA SSD was easy to work with. We crammed all the cables into the backside of the case, it makes cable management on the window side better.
We love the RGB LED fans that came with the Corsair case.
The tempered glass windows is gorgeous and you can spot the motherboard's RGB LEDs as well.
Here are all the RGBs from the mouse, mouse pad, keyboard, and case is action and getting the job done. If you want to win this machine for free, please visit our Facebook page and follow the rules to win!
Now, Supermicro has a really neat and easy to use utility called SuperOBooster, and it's a very nice piece of motherboard software for one very glaring reason; it has no frills and doesn't eat up resources. It has basic OC functionality; you can change multipliers and voltages, and monitor them.
The software is also the only way you will be able to control the built-in RGB LEDs and RGB LED header, it has a few built-in profiles. It also provides fan control and OS-based UEFI update capabilities.
Now, while you are in Windows it's always good to check to make sure your SSD is working well, and ours is, as our speeds are in line with Kingston's specifications.
Want to overclock? Well, this motherboard can be overclocked through Windows or through its BIOS. Above we have the BIOS configuration menu for CPU overclocking. Setting "Advanced CPU OC Setting" to 5.0GHz will up a lot of power limits by setting all your cores to 5.0GHz. You can choose other frequencies as well.
Voltage settings are located further down the page, and by default it is in Adaptive mode. We set "1300", which is 1.3v.
The next thing you will want to do is control C-States. If you are using adaptive voltage then you might want to leave these alone, but if you are going to use override voltage mode, then you might want to disable C-states.
Here is our final OC, all cores at 5GHz, and memory running at 2666MHz. The motherboard is very versatile, and the winner of the giveaway can ask us to overclock the machine for you or deliver it in its default state since the 8086K is quite fast. Be sure to enter on our Facebook page to win! If you end up not winning, you can buy our combo from Newegg and save some money here.
Intel, the Intel Logo, Intel Inside, Intel Core, and Core Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries.
You can win this gaming PC, join the giveaway! (until November 9, 2018)
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Our Mission and Part Selection]
- Page 2 [Looking at the Motherboard as a Backbone]
- Page 3 [Putting It Together Using Best Practices]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III once resembled Diablo II
- Final Fantasy XIV's new expansion is called Shadowbringers
- Cliffy B is done making games
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions