DRAM and iGPU Overclocking
Most motherboard vendors have decided to call AMD's advanced CPU features the same thing. So AMD's Cool'n'Quiet can be disabled if you want to disable the CPU's low-power c-states and you can disable C6 as well if you want. Most of the time overclocking the CPU core and setting Windows to high-performance power plan will run your CPU 100% frequency.
Memory overclocking can be done through Ryzen Master by setting memory speed (at half speed, so 1600Mhz is 3200Mhz) and setting timings. You can do the same thing in the UEFI, but you are better off enabling XMP, D.O.C.P, or A-XMP depending on the UEFI vendor. I would only set timings and frequency manually if you decide to go higher in speed or lower in latency than what is listed on your memory stick's sticker, or if the profiles don't work.
Memory voltage can also be set manually if you like or if you are having problems with a profile. Mem VDDIO is equivalent to DRAM voltage, so base should be 1.2v, and most people will set it to 1.35v when overclocking. Mem VTT should be set at half of Mem VDDIO, but most of the time you won't need to set this as it should automatically be half. Remember that SoC voltage helps with memory overclocking too.
You can change GFX (iGPU) clock through Ryzen Master, and you will find GFX Voltage right beside it. I would set the voltage to 1.2v and set your SoC voltage to 1.2v as well; you should sync them when possible. I would start at 1450-1500MHz overclock and move up and down from there.
It isn't too hard to overclock the iGPU; it's about as hard as overclocking a dGPU but with more straight forward settings. On some motherboards, you must set GPU frequency in the UEFI before voltage shows up, and on others, you must set GPU voltage to get frequency overclocks to stick.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction to Overclocking and Flow Chart]
- Page 2 [Disclaimer and Before You Begin Overclocking]
- Page 3 [CPU Multiplier and Voltages]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit