Power Saving Settings
Now, this next step wasn't really necessary on previous CPUs, but you should be maximizing Turbo current and wattage limits on this platform. These are typically found under advanced CPU features menus, and they are separate from your PWM controller's power limits. I would just type in an ungodly high amount and let the motherboard then just default to the highest it offers.
If you want your CPU to stay at maximum frequency at all times, you can disable C-state support and set your power plan to High Performance in Windows. If you want CPU frequency to drop when load drops then I wouldn't really touch C-states.
The easiest way to overclock memory is by enabling Intel's Extreme Memory Profile (XMP). It will take your kit to the level it's designed for and is pretty easy to stabilize. You can also manually set the DRAM multiplier and change between 1.00x and 1.33x reference clock multipliers to expand the granularity of memory speed settings (so memory speed can be set in 100MHZ and 133MHz increments; i.e. 2600MHz, 2666MHz, 2800MHz, 2933MHz. If you manually set the multiplier, you must also manually set DRAM timings and voltage, as XMP sets those for you.
Memory timings are a bit more difficult to conquer as there are so many of them, but you can mess around with the primary timings (like CAS latency). Some motherboards like ASUS's ROG boards also have built-in memory overclocking profiles made by their extreme overclockers. These primary timings are listed on your kit's sticker.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Skylake-X Overclocking Guide retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Skylake-X Overclocking Guide retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction to Overclocking and The Flow Chart]
- Page 2 [Disclaimer and Before You Begin Overclocking]
- Page 3 [CPU Multipliers and Voltages]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit