The Final Result
We put the system through our typical gaming benchmarks to see how it did. While we can always change the resolution and quality profiles down to get higher FPS (frames per second), we used the same levels as in our reviews. However, our review configurations are typically over $2000, so it wouldn't be fair to pit a system that uses a $700-$800 GPU against a whole system that costs $700.
The results look pretty good, especially at our affordable price point. GTA:V is definitely playable with this system, and GTA:V is a good indicator of game performance. You can also overclock the graphics card to give your system a bit of a boost, but the pairing of the GTX 1050 Ti with the i5-7400 works well. You can always go for a stronger GPU with a few extra dollars as the CPU isn't too much of a bottleneck here, but the GTX 1050 Ti is doing well in these tests.
I have also posted our Fire Strike and Cloud Gate benchmark scores so you can compare with other scores on the internet.
We also ran CINEBENCH and AIDA64, as those results tend to be comparable. You want to see AIDA64 memory bandwidth scores between 29GB-35GB/s for read, write, and copy. That bandwidth score is typical of DDR4 in dual channel.
HandBrake is a real-world application that can transcode video and it logs average work speed in frames per second; we chime in around 30FPS. It's also not a bad idea to check CrystalDiskMark to ensure your drive is operating at correct speeds; you can look at the product specifications for reference scores.
Overall, our $700 gaming build worked out pretty well. The system is extremely quiet, even while gaming. The case and the components went together flawlessly, and there is a lot of room for upgrading the system down the line. Right now, it's the holiday buying season, and good deals are easy to find, even if you missed out on Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales. The i5-7400, C7B250-CB-ML, GTX 1050 Ti, Ballistix DDR4, and Samsung 850 EVO went together flawlessly. There were no compatibility issues, and the system ran very smoothly, so if you are in the market for an affordable gaming rig, we highly recommend our configuration.
We want to thank Supermicro for sponsoring this build and the system giveaway (starting next week).
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Our Mission and Part Selection]
- Page 2 [Looking at the Motherboard as a Backbone]
- Page 3 [Putting It Together]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GTA 5 yanked from NVIDIA's GeForce Now streaming service
- The Clone Wars season 7 coming February 2020 on Disney+
- The Mandalorian's new trailer is like a Star Wars western
- Obi-Wan show confirmed for Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Spears return to Elder Scrolls in new Morrowind remaster mod Skywind
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best