Putting It Together
Everything is out of its packaging and ready for construction.
I always install the CPU first, as it's easier and safer to do when other components aren't installed and are blocking the way. Try to handle the CPU by its edges, and match the notches on the edges of the CPU to the notches on the socket. The good news is that we can use the stock Intel cooler since the CPU is not capable of overclocking we don't need a better cooler. The stock cooler comes with thermal paste pre-applied for a perfect application.
There is one case fan already installed; it's positioned to blow into the case. I reversed the fan so that it blows out of the case (opposite of the image above). The case comes with standoffs, zip ties, and black and white accents that can replace the red ones that come installed.
Install the standoffs for a Micro-ATX motherboard, not those for a Mini-ITX motherboard. The case we used indicated which screw holes were for each form factor. Make sure to install the IO panel before installing the motherboard. Then install the motherboard, I install the RAM after I install the CPU. If you have an M.2 drive, it's also best to install it when the motherboard is out of the case.
I installed the SSD on a special rack designed for 2.5" SSDs. Cable management is important, so we zip-tied some of the wires down. However, since we aren't using a majority of our power supply cables, we tucked the unused power cables into the bay for 3.5" HDDs.
The last step is to plug in the GPU and then the power connectors. Some GPUs require extra power from the PSU, but not ours. You should also install the cables for the case's features. We installed the USB 2.0, USB 3.0, HD audio, and front panel case wires. Don't forget to connect the SSD to the motherboard with a SATA cable.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Our Mission and Part Selection]
- Page 2 [Looking at the Motherboard as a Backbone]
- Page 3 [Putting It Together]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5 minutes of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's 'World of Light'
- Fury's rage showcased in two new Darksiders III trailers
- Marvel & Riot partner to release 'League of Legends' comics
- Players will unlock Smash Bros. Ultimate's roster rapidly
- Skyrim composer raises hand for Lord of The Rings TV show
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card