UNIGINE and 3DMark
The CPU was tested in five different modes. The first mode is 1950X Legacy Mode SMT ON/NUMA, which results in 8C/16T, uses local memory access (quad channel), and leaves SMT on (Gamer Mode in Ryzen Master).
The second mode is 1950X SMT OFF/UMA, which is 16C/16T with distributed memory access. The third mode is 1950X SMT OFF/NUMA, which is 16C/16T with local memory access. The fourth mode is 1950X SMT ON/NUMA, which is 16C/32T with local memory access.
The fifth mode is 1950X SMT ON/UMA, which is 16C/32T with distributed memory access, and it's also the default mode the CPU operates in (Creator Mode in Ryzen Master).
With NUMA mode seemed to increase overall score in FireStrike, and while Legacy Mode did heavily increase GPU score, it wasn't enough to make up for the decrease in Physx score. In Cloud Gate, Legacy mode increased GPU score by so much that it won overall score.
The two 3DMark benchmarks act like different types of games and reveal that in some cases, AMD's Legacy mode (Gamer Profile) really can increase performance, but in other cases, it doesn't. UNIGINE once again revealed that removing that die to die latency provides better gaming performance, even with the loss of half the CPU's cores. UNIGINE also seemed to prefer NUMA over UMA.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Hardware Modes]
- Page 2 [Test Setup]
- Page 3 [CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 4 [Handbrake Video Transcoding, ScienceMark, and SuperPI]
- Page 5 [UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 6 [Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, GTA:V, Ashes of the Singularity]
- Page 7 [Take Away]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google's next 'Nest Mini' speaker is a 'substantial' upgrade all round
- Age of Empires IV news slipped, fans advised to watch XO19 for info
- Eminem's publisher to sue Spotify for BILLIONS of unpaid music streams
- Mortal Kombat 11 DLC pack: Terminator T-800, Joker + 4 more fighters
- New Nintendo Switch model +70% battery life, performance & pink screen
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- Pengo USB-C Dock Review
- FSP Unveils FlexGURU 250W and 300W Modular Power Supplies New PSUs are perfect for IPC, NAS, HTPC and edge computing
- Gameforge Opens Pre-Orders and Announces November Release for the Highly Anticipated Kingdom Under Fire 2
- Philips Brings Precision Computer Peripherals to US
- KORN Battle Concert is Now Live in AdventureQuest 3D!
- NEC: Industrial Internet Consortium Approves Testbed of Negotiation Automation Platform for coordinating interests among AI systems