UNIGINE and 3DMark
The CPU was tested in five different modes. The first mode is 1950X Legacy Mode SMT ON/NUMA, which results in 8C/16T, uses local memory access (quad channel), and leaves SMT on (Gamer Mode in Ryzen Master).
The second mode is 1950X SMT OFF/UMA, which is 16C/16T with distributed memory access. The third mode is 1950X SMT OFF/NUMA, which is 16C/16T with local memory access. The fourth mode is 1950X SMT ON/NUMA, which is 16C/32T with local memory access.
The fifth mode is 1950X SMT ON/UMA, which is 16C/32T with distributed memory access, and it's also the default mode the CPU operates in (Creator Mode in Ryzen Master).
With NUMA mode seemed to increase overall score in FireStrike, and while Legacy Mode did heavily increase GPU score, it wasn't enough to make up for the decrease in Physx score. In Cloud Gate, Legacy mode increased GPU score by so much that it won overall score.
The two 3DMark benchmarks act like different types of games and reveal that in some cases, AMD's Legacy mode (Gamer Profile) really can increase performance, but in other cases, it doesn't. UNIGINE once again revealed that removing that die to die latency provides better gaming performance, even with the loss of half the CPU's cores. UNIGINE also seemed to prefer NUMA over UMA.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Hardware Modes]
- Page 2 [Test Setup]
- Page 3 [CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 4 [Handbrake Video Transcoding, ScienceMark, and SuperPI]
- Page 5 [UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 6 [Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, GTA:V, Ashes of the Singularity]
- Page 7 [Take Away]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Scooby-Doo's 'Shaggy' added to JUMP FORCE roster by modder
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Joker' stage title 'Mementos'
- Guild Wars 2 developers prep for lay-offs and restructuring
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Realms of Arkania - Star Trail available for Xbox One
- Death Mark Coming Soon to Terrify Players on Steam
- The Way Remastered Reaches Top of Nintendo eShop EU Charts
- Batman: Arkham City for macOS updated to 64-bit
- Drop into TERA x PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Collaboration on March 5