Thermal Menu Fan Control
The Thermal Menu is basically just fan control. Each of the five Smart Fan headers (PWM headers) on the motherboard I used can be controlled independently through the SuperO Booster. Each header can use one of four profiles including Quiet Mode, Stable Mode, Full Speed Mode, and Customize Mode. Quiet is the default setting for all headers. You also have the ability to change the reference temperature each header uses for each fan's curve. You must be in Customize Mode to change the reference temperature for each header.
The reference temperature can be either the CPU, PCH, System, or Peripheral. On the C7Z270-CG-L, you also get a TH temperature, which is the temperature from an external thermistor. Currently, the C7Z270-CG-L is the only motherboard that offers the "TH" reference, as it's currently SuperO's only board with a thermistor header. The color of the temperature will change on the graph depending on what temperature is chosen for reference.
You can use a mouse to customize the position of each control point, but if for some reason your mouse isn't working you can use keyboard shortcuts to control the points. Use "Tab" to move from one point to another, and then use "CTRL+up/down/left/right arrow keys" to move each point up, down, left, or right. You get four control points for each header, and I like to maintain the fan at minimum RPMs until a certain temperature, and then ramp up when the sensor hits a temperature I feel is warm (usually around 60C).
The graph has Temperature on the horizontal X-axis and PWM percentage on the vertical Y-axis. Each point has a temperature and PWM percentage, and to find exactly what it is, you just need to click or select the point.
SuperO's SuperO Booster is a step in the right direction, as one thing SuperO boards were missing was easy to use Window's based fan control and BIOS updating. The overclocking changes are a nice touch, and the real-time mechanics of the software provide a quick and easy way to test out the CPU overclocking capabilities of the motherboard and CPU. Even the LLC levels are real-time, and that's made possible by the use of cutting edge PWM controllers SuperO tends to use on their motherboards.
Some of the options you have seen today might change depending on the motherboard you use and BIOS version. For instance, although the C7Z270-PG I used in this article didn't change, the LLC option only showed up in the software application after I updated the UEFI. In fact, the SuperO Booster is almost a carbon copy of the motherboard's UEFI, and like many other things, SuperO just works and works well. It's a simple, lightweight software application, and the only thing I could find wrong with the software was the labeling of the time interval settings for the CPU monitoring graph. It's labeled as minutes, but it should be seconds.
Feedback like that is what SuperO is looking for with their motherboards and this new software application. They want your comments and suggestions as they look to adapt better to the market, so please leave your comments and feedback here, or even on their social media channels such as Facebook, as they will be reading them.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introducing the SuperO Booster Application]
- Page 2 [Software Walkthrough and BIOS Update]
- Page 3 [CPU and Memory Overclocking]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Next-gen Xbox Scarlett development kit is called 'Anaconda'
- Detroit: Become Human sells 2 million+ units since May 2018
- Project Stream testers get free copy of AC: Odyssey
- Google's Project Stream is the future of gaming
- EA folds Battlefront II into its subscription services
- accentuate redress
- Vandexafil Ultra New Male Enhancement Formula! Gain
- ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 and Intel AC 9260 WiFi card
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire