CPU and Memory Overclocking Continued
Let's say you messed up on the overclock and it's not stable. To return to default values you can just press the "Default" button, and then press "Yes" to reset the settings or "No" to return to your previous settings. While CPU overclocking and voltage changes do not require a reboot, memory overclocking does.
On the memory tab, you have a few options; Default, Custom, XMP1, and XMP2. XMP2 is only available if your kit supports two XMP profiles, most don't. The profile in use is the one highlighted, so in the case of the image above, XMP1 is activated. If you would like to customize your memory overclock, pressing "Custom" will unlock timings and an additional box will appear where you can select the memory frequency. Don't forget to manually set your DRAM voltage and VCCSA and VCCIO for the internal memory controller.
If you hit apply and a setting requires a reboot to go into effect, then you will be prompted to reboot. Pressing "Yes" will start a countdown timer (you get 6 seconds), and then the system will reboot. It's important that you not hit the restart button, as the motherboard won't apply your overclocked settings. Supermicro motherboards have a feature where they will reset all settings if they encounter any problems, but there is a way around having to re-enter all of your settings again. The SuperO Booster program has a built-in profile system, so you can save and load profiles as you wish.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introducing the SuperO Booster Application]
- Page 2 [Software Walkthrough and BIOS Update]
- Page 3 [CPU and Memory Overclocking]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Black Friday Sales: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & More
- NVIDIA's new GeForce Game Ready 416.94 drivers released
- NVIDIA announces Quadro RTX 4000: Turing goes single-slot
- US rapper Soulja Boy announces his own... CONSOLE?!
- Overwatch update adds Ashe, balances everything else
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms