Ever since the advent of the Web in 1990, owners of personal computers with Internet connections have had to worry about the problems it can cause. There had been crackers - also known (erroneously) as hackers - since the 70s, but the real problems started shortly after the web was created.
It wasn't long before viruses, trojans, worms and attacks started. Less than a decade later, spyware was rampant and all kinds of viruses were common. Anyone who knew anything had anti-virus software, and some people even had firewalls. As cable, DSL, ISDN, and other forms of broadband became common, the problems worsened. Spyware protection soon became necessary, as well as a good firewall and regular patches from Microsoft.
Use a router for improved security - How much?
That leads us to modern times, when an unpatched computer running Windows XP with no firewall will get a worm within an hour. The vast majority of PC users only know enough to get anti-virus; most don't know what a firewall is; few know that spyware is as big a threat as viruses, if they know what spyware is at all; finally, only a handful know how to actually fix problems after they've occurred without simply taking their computer to a "professional" or simply reformatting it.
By the end of this guide, you should know how to prevent viruses, cracker attacks, and spyware, as well as how to remove viruses and spyware after your computer has already been affected.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off Switch VR kits in action
- Anthem made $3.5 million in microtransactions
- Nintendo's top 10 best-selling Indie titles on the Switch
- Official Assassin's Creed III Remastered PC specs revealed
- Streamer beats 5 Soulsborne games with no hits by enemies
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced