Affects the quality of particles, such as sparks shooting out of broken equipment. Like Motion Blur, this setting is virtually impossible to capture properly, so screenshots are absent from this section.
The benchmark shows this setting has no discernable effect on framerate. If your hardware is lacking, lowering it may help a little, but most if not everyone should be good to keep it at max.
Enabling this setting means more efficient processing at the hardware level.
The benchmark shows this setting has no effect on framerate, at least on our setup. Doesn't hurt to keep it enabled, of course.
Motion Blur Quality
Confusingly, id has two Motion Blur settings. We're not sure if or how this one differs visually, but we know it's equally tough to capture in screenshots, so we've left those out again.
Unlike the other Motion Blur setting, this one has a moderate effect on performance. Giving the non-essential nature of it and the welcome boost lowering it brings, tweaking it is highly recommended. Go with Low unless you really like Motion Blur.
Depth of Field
This setting is typically intended to blur distant objects and terrain to put nearer objects and terrain in greater focus. Examples of it in Doom could not be found in our testing, so screenshots have been left out of this section.
In line with the seeming lack of visual differences, performance differences resulting from changing this setting are also absent.
PRICING: You can find Doom for PC for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Doom for PC retails for $50 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Doom for PC retails for £26 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Testing Setup, & System Requirements]
- Page 2 [Window Mode, Resolution, Anti-Aliasing, & Motion Blur]
- Page 3 [Chromatic Aberration, Field of View, Overall Quality, & Resolution Scale]
- Page 4 [Lights, Shadows, Player Self-Shadow, & Directional Quality]
- Page 5 [Decal Quality, Decal Filtering, Virtual Texturing Page Size, & Reflections Quality]
- Page 6 [Particles Quality, Compute Shaders, Motion Blur Quality, & Depth of Field]
- Page 7 [Depth of Field Anti-Aliasing, HDR Bloom, Lens Flare, & Lens Dirt]
- Page 8 [Rendering Mode, Sharpening Amount, Film Grain, UI Opacity, & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.