Corsair DDR4 4000MHz Cas 19 4GBx2 Kit
In this guide, I used two very nice high-speed DDR4 kits. The first is the Corsair Vengeance LPX 4000MHz C19 kit.
Corsair's kit is based on the latest Samsung die which is used by many overclockers. Through a very strenuous binning process Corsair has identified kits capable of running at 4000MHz (4GHz) and is now selling them through their own site. This kit costs $279.99, which might be a bit pricey, but you are guaranteed 4GHz if your motherboard supports the kit and your CPU can run it (most can).
This Corsair kit can do a maximum validation of 4231MHz (4.231GHz) which is awesome. Corsair also provides a cooling fan for active cooling, so if you can fit it on top I would, but the kit does not get very hot at 1.35v. Stability at high speeds is also more likely with a high bin kit such as this one from Corsair.
I do know that many users are pushing over 1.7v+ on their Samsung based kits. Running a higher voltage does not necessarily provide a clock speed that scales, but rather allows for the timings to be tightened, which increases performance.
Memory Frequency Scaling
Here I set constant timings and scaled up memory frequency to see the impacts. Memory bandwidth is more greatly impacted by memory speed at higher frequencies, but below 3600MHz, it seems that memory latency performance is increased more greatly by increasing memory speed. I would try to aim for a 3600MHz+ memory kit for Skylake, which is compatible with your board (XMP compatible). Then I would try to see how much higher I could go with memory speed and tweak the latencies while maintaining a memory voltage at or under 1.35v for 24/7 operation. If you are benching, a higher-end kit like either of the ones here will provide you with a lot of fun as DDR4 overclocking is very complex and there is a lot to achieve with higher-end kits.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction to Skylake Overclocking]
- Page 2 [Disclaimer and Before You Begin Overclocking]
- Page 3 [Overclocking Flow Chart, Non-K SKUs, BCLK, and Multipliers]
- Page 4 [BCLK, Core, Cache, Memory, and FCLK Scaling]
- Page 5 [Skylake Overclocking Voltages]
- Page 6 [Power Savings and Voltage/Power Analysis]
- Page 7 [The Durability of Intel's 14nm Node]
- Page 8 [Skylake Memory Overclocking: Corsair and Frequency Scaling]
- Page 9 [Skylake Memory Overclocking: G.Skill and Memory Timings]
- Page 10 [ASRock Z170 Overclocking: Z170 OC Formula]
- Page 11 [ASUS Z170 Overclocking: Maximus VIII Extreme]
- Page 12 [EVGA Z170 Overclocking: Z170 Classified 4-Way]
- Page 13 [GIGABYTE Z170 Overclocking: Z170X-SOC Force]
- Page 14 [MSI Z170 Overclocking: Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION]
- Page 15 [Stability Testing, Delidding, Crashing, and Throttling]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 Pro for just $12.41, Office 2016 Pro only $28.10
- Gorilla Glass 6 engineered to 'survive multiple drops'
- Twitter had 115 billion impressions for the World Cup
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit