Developer Homepage: GIANT Company
Download: GIANT Company (15 day trial)
Buy: Regnow ($29.95)
Our Rating: 9.5 out of 10
Our Summary: GIANT AntiSpyware comes with a very stylish GUI with many options such as scan scheduling and very in-depth information on each Spyware program found. You also have the ability to protect your system in real-time against Spyware along with access to the Advanced Tools section.
The next Spyware remover on our list of programs is called GIANT AntiSpyware by GIANT Company Software who is based out of the United States. GIANT offer a free 15 day trial which allows you to use the program as if it were registered. The good news is in the two days we had this software installed, it has provided us with two definition updates each day. When we first installed the program, the software had already updated the definitions database which was pleasing to see.
GIANT AntiSpyware easily has the most pleasing and soothing GUI of all of the Spyware removers we have looked at inside this guide. On the first load of the program things can be a little overwhelming because you have a window with a stack of options but after a short while you get used to everything.
When you first load the program you are greeted with the screen above. It is a summary of previous scans and provides links to some of the other features in the program which we will take a closer look at shortly.
Under the Spyware Scan section you have the ability to run either a quick scan or a full system scan. If you are using a Spyware remover program for the first time, you should run the full system scan which will take between 5 and 10 minutes whereas the quick scan only takes a couple of minutes.
As the scan is taking place you can see which Spyware programs have been detected and how many of them are in memory, files, the registry or cookies in the Spyware Scan Progress bar on the right hand side. The GUI is simply lovely to work with.
After the scan is complete, you are provided with the screen above which provides a simple summary of what was found.
The next screen displays in-depth information about the Spyware found, threat levels and so forth. This program actually removed full programs such as Imesh and Kazaa and even detected perfectly fine programs such as VNC.
It would be well worth checking through what was found before going ahead and removing the problem Spyware. Once you have decided what programs you want to get rid of or ignore, just click the Continue button and the Spyware will be removed. Some Spyware will already be running in memory and as a result won't be able to be removed until you reboot, as you can see in the screen above - which is perfectly normal.
Where GIANT AntiSpyware excels itself over other Spyware removers is the fact that it goes deeper and offers a set of "Advanced Tools" as you can see in the screen above. The one which stood out for us was the Secure File Shredder which properly removes files from your system by using the US Department of Defense recommendations for secure file destruction. You might think when you delete a file from your PC it is gone but it isn't really - if someone wanted to find it bad enough, they could.
Like Ad-Watch in Lavasoft's Ad-Aware, you have real-time protection in GIANT AntiSpyware which monitors certain parts of the system (just like an anti-virus program would) to stop infections of Spyware. If you intend on running the real-time protection, remember your system will run a little slower just as if you were running an anti-virus program.
Finally we have the SpyNet AntiSpyware Community which is a wonderful idea. Since many new Spyware programs are finding their way onto the Internet on a probable daily basis, you have the option of running the SpyNet AntiSpyware Community feature which sends back new Spyware information from your PC to a central server, this in turn allowing GIANT to maintain more precise definitions files so you have a better chance of catching Spyware running on your PC. We checked out at least 20 different Spyware removers and no other program we looked at had such an intelligent feature as this.
Overall - We found GIANT AntiSpyware to be one of the best (if not the best) Spyware remover programs available. It comes with a very stylish GUI with many options such as scan scheduling and very in-depth information on each Spyware program found. You also have the ability to protect your system in real-time against Spyware along with access to the Advanced Tools section which includes some very handy programs to complement the program, not to mention the intuitive SpyNet AntiSpyware Community.
We are giving GIANT AntiSpyware our highest rating of 9.5 out of 10 - If it was free, we would have given it a perfect score but even at $29.95 it is very well priced. It will be our Editor's Choice for the time being.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 2 [Spyware Definitions]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 3 [Ad-Aware SE Personal]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 4 [GIANT AntiSpyware]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 5 [RegFreeze]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 6 [Spybot - Search & Destroy]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 7 [SpyCatcher]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 8 [SpyKiller 2005]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 9 [Spyware Doctor]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 10 [Monitoring processes with WinTasks 5]
- Spyware and Adware Removal Guide - Page 11 [Third Party Resources and Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft add long list of new games to Xbox Games Pass
- Scientists on brink of making & commercializing pollution free energy
- HBO announce intense VR 'Westworld Awakening' game, August 20 debut
- 2 billion glass spheres lasered into this jacket reflects every color
- Instagram puts a price on the head of nefarious user-data abusing apps
- Corsair K57 RGB Wireless Gaming Keyboard Review
- I5-8250U laptop throttling while gaming. New fan, new heat sink yet, new thermal yet no avail. Please help.
- Rivet Networks: Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 Review
- z390 phantom gaming-itx/ac buzzing from mb
- ASUS ProArt PA34VC Review: Professional-Grade UltraWide Perfection
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director