MSI really delivers with the X99S MPower. The board provides simple overclocking with an abundant amount of features, many of them in the UEFI and software. The BIOS is well polished, the settings are all-in-one page, and they have simplified things a lot. I really liked how I could choose if I want my CPU at fixed or variable frequency, right off the bat.
The advanced power menu was a bit confusing; however, the preloaded LN2 profile will clear up how you should set the advanced power menu if you don't want the PWM to get in your way. The fan control in the MSI BIOS is one of the finest I have ever seen; the GUI is superb, and the Windows software mirrors the finished feeling of the UEFI.
In terms of CPU overclocking, the board kept up with others I have tested. In terms of memory, it also did a great job of providing the right multipliers and settings to provide the user with different options. This board can push higher CPU and memory frequencies. The X99S MPower boots up very fast, and if you fail to boot, the options that appear upon reboot are very handy.
The VRM stayed pretty cool during overclocking, and power consumption tests prove that the VRM has great efficiency. MSI has done a wonderful job with the X99S MPower, and at $299.99, it's not only less expensive than other X99 overclocking motherboards, but it will also prove to be a worthy challenger in the OC arena.
PRICING: You can find the MSI X99S MPower for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The MSI X99S MPower retails for $284.30 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Voltage Regulator Circuit Analysis]
- Page 3 [Overclocking and BIOS Setup]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit