Voltage Regulator and Circuit Analysis
While the TDP of the GTX 750 is only 55W, the VRM is still an important part of product quality, and will play an important role in longevity. The MSI GTX 750 doesn't even have a six-pin power connector, but it also doesn't really need it considering its extremely low power usage.
The main VDDC (Core Voltage) of the GPU is provided by a total of three high current phases controlled by a uPI UP1608 PWM, and powered by SinoPower SM7320ESQG Dual N-Channel PowerPAK MOSFETs. The UP1608 features three or four phase operation. Three phases are supported by integrated drivers, and if you want to add a fourth, you need an external driver; in this case, three phases are used. There seems to be extra PCB space for a fourth phase, but considering that the standard GTX 750 only has two phases for the core, three phases of this quality are more than enough. Each phase can push 25A under normal conditions according to the datasheet on the MOSFETs.
The parts in this VRM are much higher quality than one would expect on a GPU of this price. The inductors are top notch, and the capacitors are also solid polymers. There are a four 820uF capacitors for a total of 3280uF.
The memory VRM is a single integrated phase - a fully integrated buck converter. The GSTek AIO GS9208B can provide up to 10A of power with its integrated MOSFETs, which is more than enough for the 1GB of GDDR5.
MSI is employing four SK Hynix 256MB GDDR5 (model number H5GC2H24B-FR).
Here is where things get a bit tricky: there is a switch on this card for BIOS selection. One BIOS is for legacy operation in older systems, and the other is for UEFI. Both are 2Mbit BIOS ROMs, only position two worked for me (as only one position should). This allows this card's BIOS to be compatible with older systems.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Astronauts will watch Star Wars: The Last Jedi From Space
- Starbucks 'Free' Wi-Fi mines Bitcoin while connected
- Former Facebook exec: Bitcoin will reach $1 million
- AMD Ryzen APU with Vega GPU leaked, but is already available
- Battlegrounds hits nearly 500,000 players on Xbox One so far
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series