Over 5000 words later, we have approached the end of our definitive guide to benchmarking with Doom 3. With all the information provided in this benchmarking guide, you should be well and truly empowered enough to create your own timedemos in Doom 3 and then execute them and measure your system performance in detail.
We are happy ID Software once again decided to include a built-in timedemo feature for gamers and review websites. We think Doom 3 will quickly become one of the key benchmark standards in graphics card reviews on the web as we proved in our testing where increases in CPU clock speeds of 100MHz - 200MHz make little difference in performance. For this very reason, we'll be sure to begin including Doom 3 benchmarks in all of our future graphics card reviews very soon.
It's very important you read this entire guide as it includes crucial bits of information throughout such as the massive texture pausing, various image quality settings and the internal 60 FPS lock. I've spent the last few days investigating and researching benchmarking with Doom 3 and now it's time to hold the benchmarking and actually get some Doom 3 game play in - don't you forget to do the same either!
Finally if you wish to discuss this guide or any topics related to benchmarking with Doom 3 or just general issues relating to the game, please direct your comments to our gaming forums where we can answer your questions. Most questions sent via e-mail will not be answered.
Happy benchmarking and gaming!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ninja Theory may be making live service game
- Diablo 4 probably won't be revealed at BlizzCon 2018
- Pornhub traffic hardens when YouTube went limp during crash
- Darksiders III will be around 15+ of gameplay, HDR supported
- Rocket League to go 4K/60FPS on Xbox One X, likely crossplay
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- Inland Processional 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Gen 3 Review
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam