Over 5000 words later, we have approached the end of our definitive guide to benchmarking with Doom 3. With all the information provided in this benchmarking guide, you should be well and truly empowered enough to create your own timedemos in Doom 3 and then execute them and measure your system performance in detail.
We are happy ID Software once again decided to include a built-in timedemo feature for gamers and review websites. We think Doom 3 will quickly become one of the key benchmark standards in graphics card reviews on the web as we proved in our testing where increases in CPU clock speeds of 100MHz - 200MHz make little difference in performance. For this very reason, we'll be sure to begin including Doom 3 benchmarks in all of our future graphics card reviews very soon.
It's very important you read this entire guide as it includes crucial bits of information throughout such as the massive texture pausing, various image quality settings and the internal 60 FPS lock. I've spent the last few days investigating and researching benchmarking with Doom 3 and now it's time to hold the benchmarking and actually get some Doom 3 game play in - don't you forget to do the same either!
Finally if you wish to discuss this guide or any topics related to benchmarking with Doom 3 or just general issues relating to the game, please direct your comments to our gaming forums where we can answer your questions. Most questions sent via e-mail will not be answered.
Happy benchmarking and gaming!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard