Intel 4790K LGA1150 CPU
Today, we're looking at three Intel 4790K processors with an S-spec of SR219, C0 stepping. To ensure our overclocking results are relevant to your overclocking endeavors, we decided to invest in three retail CPUs to get a good idea of the overclocking ability of these new CPUs. We purchased them from two different Microcenter locations, but we still ended up with two from the same batch.
The contents of the package include a 4790K CPU, Intel box heat sink cooler, manual with sticker, and a promotion from McAfee (now an Intel company).
Intel teased that the 4790K would have improved thermal interface material (TIM) compared to the 4770K. Rumors were that the CPU die would be soldered to the integrated heat spreader (IHS), but the lack of a hole in the HIS, which Intel uses for die expansion/contraction as seen on LGA2011 CPUs, is absent. This means that they have either improved the paste itself or improved the contact between the die and the HIS. Either way, temperatures do seem to be cooler overall compared to the 4770Ks we have tested.
Intel has also added extra capacitors to the 4790K, possibly to stabilize the use of higher voltages needed for higher Turbo ratios.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Intel 4790K LGA1150 CPU]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Kingdome Come: Deliverance mod brings 'Ultimate Realism'
- Hunt: Showdown displayed in the amazing CRYENGINE V demo
- God of War could be the best looking game on the PS4 Pro
- Nimbus Data launches 100TB SSD, servers house 100PB easily
- Microsoft looks to the future with DirectX Raytracing (DXR)
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit