"Antialiasing" and "Anisotropic Filtering" are two phrases which are often bandied about by gamers and 3D graphics enthusiasts with scant regard for those of us who didn't graduate from Geek High.
What are these mystical words which seem to make young geeks drool and put fear into the hearts of those with ageing hardware? If you think Antialiasing is a strong dislike of the Jennifer Garner TV series, and Anisotropic is a small region in the South Pacific then I think you might find this guide will help you more than you know.
There are already many, many guides and discussions on Antialiasing and/or Anisotropic Filtering available on the Internet - some of which are linked to in this guide - but to be honest I've never truly found one which is both straightforward and up to date. Within these pages lies absolutely no technical mumbo-jumbo, only simple explanations and a no-nonsense look at just what these graphical features really do for the average gamer, both in terms of image quality and performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Simple AA and AF Guide - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Simple AA and AF Guide - Page 2 [Definitions]
- Simple AA and AF Guide - Page 3 [Accessing Settings]
- Simple AA and AF Guide - Page 4 [AA & AF Comparisons]
- Simple AA and AF Guide - Page 5 [America's Army]
- Simple AA and AF Guide - Page 6 [KOTOR]
- Simple AA and AF Guide - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft vows to fix Windows Store for better PC gaming
- GIVEAWAY: Two awesome Antec chassis prize packs up for grabs
- Everything you need for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Ronald McDonald 'will not' be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- New Kingdom Hearts III trailer: Winnie the Pooh/Jack Sparrow
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Solid state drives...any thoughts?
- Name this song. help?
- Supermicro C9Z390-PGW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Joystuck Combines UK Indie Rock and Game Music Favorites
- Close to the Sun selected for the Unreal Engine Dev Grants
- RemoteLock Announces the Appointment of New Board Member Dr. Tam Hulusi
- Bird Launches Community Mode
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2: Physical Version Now Available for Switch