"Antialiasing" and "Anisotropic Filtering" are two phrases which are often bandied about by gamers and 3D graphics enthusiasts with scant regard for those of us who didn't graduate from Geek High.
What are these mystical words which seem to make young geeks drool and put fear into the hearts of those with ageing hardware? If you think Antialiasing is a strong dislike of the Jennifer Garner TV series, and Anisotropic is a small region in the South Pacific then I think you might find this guide will help you more than you know.
There are already many, many guides and discussions on Antialiasing and/or Anisotropic Filtering available on the Internet - some of which are linked to in this guide - but to be honest I've never truly found one which is both straightforward and up to date. Within these pages lies absolutely no technical mumbo-jumbo, only simple explanations and a no-nonsense look at just what these graphical features really do for the average gamer, both in terms of image quality and performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Simple AA and AF Guide - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Simple AA and AF Guide - Page 2 [Definitions]
- Simple AA and AF Guide - Page 3 [Accessing Settings]
- Simple AA and AF Guide - Page 4 [AA & AF Comparisons]
- Simple AA and AF Guide - Page 5 [America's Army]
- Simple AA and AF Guide - Page 6 [KOTOR]
- Simple AA and AF Guide - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft delays The Division 2 update 'Title Update 3' to May
- The Division 2 patch 2.1 drops, fixes a bunch of issues
- Naughty Dog has shot final scene of The Last of Us Part II
- An Archer video game should look like this new XIII remaster
- Nintendo Switch may come to $37 billion Chinese market
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cougar Vortex RGB HPB 120 PWM HDB Cooling Kit Review
- Reolink RLC-422 PoE Dome Camera Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!