In the small amount of time I have had testing and looking over NAS products, it has become increasingly clear NAS vendors see tremendous value in the home user. If we look back just a few years ago, NAS appliances were, to be honest, tedious devices to setup. This left a lot of users not wanting to mess with and use these devices as most saw them as very expensive external hard drives.
In the past year, things have changed, with most vendors going for that user-friendly approach including intuitive apps that people want, case and point HD Station. What started out with one vendor in QNAP now has every NAS manufacturer including it within their products.
Then came along the cloud movement, which really stemmed from average users, like you and me, wanting options to store our files easily without all the mess of setting up an extensive network, or having great knowledge about networking. With QNAP, they have all of the underlying network knowledge built into an application that configures it for you with a few clicks here and there.
As I stated in the introduction, there are a plethora of cloud storage options available to you. What it really comes down to is cost, where as you can see in the graphic above, services like Dropbox charge you nearly $1500 per year for ten users and 2TB of storage. If you have more users and need more storage, you're looking close to seven grand for 50 users and 10TB of storage, per year!
With QNAP, you control it all, from the appliance you choose down to the amount of users and storage capacity you want, and with applications like Qsync and QFile, you will have always-on cloud storage, wherever your travels may take you.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Snoop Dogg receives first copy of Spyro Reignited via drone
- First live action Pokemon Detective Pikachu trailer released
- NES Controller pre-order available for Switch Online members
- PlayStation's Black Friday Sale: $199 = 1TB PS4 + Spider-Man
- New Jump Force fighters: SSGSS Vegeta/Goku & Golden Frieza
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms