The following is a listing of console commands that can be used during Multiplayer games only. To open/close the console, you can either press the ~ key (below ESC) or the BACKSPACE key. Typing /? will provide a list of commands. Client commands are commands that anyone playing on a server can use. Server commands only work for the server administrator.
/name [playername] e.g. /name Bob - Requests change to new client name
/voteboot [playername] e.g. /voteboot Bob - adds a vote to boot client, if eligible to vote
/votebootbyid [id] - same as voteboot but using client id for identification.
/votemap [trackname] or /votemap [tracknumber] e.g. /votemap Coastal Parklands - adds a vote to change track, if eligible to vote. Also recognizes Random. Only first 5 chars of track name needed, English only.
/setup - if in setup mode, launches car select dialog
/startrace - attempts to start race immediately, without a countdown.
/boot [playername] - boots player. Player is banned until next setup phase.
/ban [playername] - bans the player permanently. To un-ban, must hand edit ban file.
/bootbyid [id] - same as boot but using client id for identification.
/banbyid [id] - same as ban but using client id for identification.
/send [playername],[message] e.g. /send Bob,hello - sends a directed message to player.
/quit or /exit function - exit directly to desktop.
/disconnect - exit to FE, equivalent to disconnect button.
/challenge or /reset - equivalent to request restart button if client, resets if running server.
/idlist - shows list of connected clients with the server assigned client ID.
Advanced Server Commands
/server finishtimeout [ms] - sets the timeout for race over after the first player finishes a single race. (Default is 90 seconds, 0 is off)
/server laptimeout [ms] - sets lap inactivity timeout. (Default 10 minutes, min 5 minutes, 0=off)
/server maxsetuptime [ms] - sets max setup time after entering setup mode. (Default 0=off, min 15 seconds)
/server heartbeat [ms] - sets heartbeat time before booting unresponsive client. (Min 10 seconds)
/server resultsdisplaytime [ms] - length of time for server to stay in results mode after race finish.
/server countdown [ms] - sets setup time after first car selected. (Default 15 seconds, min 5 seconds)
/server docountdown [1 or 0] - if 0 sets first car selected countdown to off, non 0 = on. (Default on)
/server voting [1 or 0] - if 0 ignores votes for booting and track change. (Default on)
/server numraces [num] - number of races before settings, e.g. random, are reprocessed (Default is 5)
/server laps [num] - alter number of laps for next race, will be processed on next server reset.
/server class [class] - class restriction for next race (1-5 = class, any other number is any class)
/server direction [num] - direction for next race after a reset.
/track [trackname] or /track [tracknumber] - changes next track that server will use after a reset.
/racetype ko or /racetype sr - changes racetype that server will use after a reset.
/servername [NewName] - changes server name.
/password [NewPassword] - changes server password. Maximum of 12 characters.
- The Voting commands /votemap and /voteboot allow settings to be changed on
Servers by Clients. Requesting a restart also uses the voting mechanism.
- Voting is most useful on dedicated servers.
- For most votes, to be eligible to vote you must either be a racer, or the Server must be out of the Racing phase.
- To carry a restart vote during Racing, All racers must agree to restart. However if there is only one racer, anyone can cause a restart.
- Voting for a new map requires unanimity from racers during the Racing phase. Otherwise half or more of eligible voters must agree.
- Voting to boot requires at least two votes, as well as a clear majority.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 - Page 2 [The Essentials]
- NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 - Page 3 [Installation and Patches]
- NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 - Page 4 [In-Game Settings]
- NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 - Page 5 [Advanced Tweaking]
- NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 - Page 6 [Console Commands]
- NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 - Page 7 [Neat Stuff]
- NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 - Page 8 [Conclusion]