To bring up the UT2003 console, press the ~ (tilde) key. To close the console press the ~ key again. You can type a range of commands in the console to perform tweaks, change settings or look at information. I have included a full list of console commands below, with a brief description of what each does. Note that many of these commands can be changed using the in-game settings screens and also in the .ini files.
Note that as of patch version 2166 Demo recording/playback has been enabled in UT2003, using the console commands shown below. Older versions do not allow demos.
Player / Bot Commands
ADDBOTS [number] - Adds the specified number of bots
BEHINDVIEW 1 - Changes to third person view
BEHINDVIEW 0 - Changes to first person view
DISCONNECT - Disconnect from current server
EXIT - Quits the game
KILLBOTS - Gets rid of all bots
OPEN [IP address] - Connect to a specific server IP
OPEN [mapname] - Opens specified map
QUIT - Quits the game
RECONNECT - Reconnect to the current server
SWITCHLEVEL [mapname] - Switches to the specified level
SWITCHTEAM - Switch your player's team
SUICIDE - Kills yourself
TEAMSAY [text] - Displays your message in team chat
PLAYERSONLY - Freezes \ pauses the bots
SAY [text] - Displays your message in global chat
SETNAME [playername] - Changes your player name
MEMSTAT - Displays Windows memory usage
STAT ALL - Shows all stats
STAT AUDIO - Shows audio stats
STAT FPS - Displays your frames per second
STAT GAME - Displays game stats
STAT HARDWARE - Shows hardware stats
STAT NET - Shows network game play stats
STAT NONE - Turns off all stats
STAT RENDER - Displays rendering statistics
DEMOPLAY [demoname] - Plays the specified demo
DEMOREC [demoname] - Records a demo using the demoname you type
STOPDEMO - Stop recording a demo
ADMIN SWITCHLEVEL [mapname?game=gametype?mutator=mutator] - Changes the current level to the specified level, game type and mutators
ADMIN [command] - Performs the specified command
ADMINLOGIN [password] - Logs the admininstrator onto the server using the specified password
ADMINLOGOUT - Logs the administrator off the server
ADMIN SET UWeb.Webserver bEnabled True - Enables the remote admin webserver (after level change)
ADMIN SET UWeb.Webserver bEnabled False - Disables the remote admin webserver (after level change)
KICK [playername] - Kicks the specified player from the server
KICKBAN [playername] - Kicks and bans the specified player from the server using their IP address. To unban the player, edit the server.ini or use the web admin interface
BRIGHTNESS [number] - Changes the brightness level to the specified number
CDTRACK [number] - Plays the specified CD track number
CONFIGHASH - Displays configuration info
CONTRAST [number] - Changes the contrast level to the specified number
DEBUG CRASH - Test crashes the game with an error
DEBUG EATMEM - Tests memory allocation until full
DEBUG GPF - Test crashes the game with a general protection fault error
DEBUG RECURSE - Test crashes the game by infinite recursion
DUMPCACHE - Displays the memory gcache contents
EXEC [filename] - Executes a file in the UT2003 /system/ directory by default
FLUSH - Flushes all caches and relights
FOV [number] - Changes the field of view to the specified number
GAMMA [number] - Changes the gamma level to the specified number
GETCOLORDEPTHS - Displays the maximum color depth supported by your hardware
GETCURRENTCOLORDEPTHS - Displays your current color depth
GETCURRENTRES - Displays your current resolution
GETCURRENTTICKRATE - Displays your current tick rate
GETMAXTICKRATE - Displays the maximum allowed tick rate
MUSICORDER [number] - Change to a certain track in the song (0=ambient, 1=action, 2=suspense)
NETSPEED [number] - Sets the net speed, default is 10000
OBJ CLASSES - Displays a list of object classes
OBJ GARBAGE - Collects and purges objects no longer in use
OBJ HASH - Displays object hashing statistics
OBJ LINKERS - Displays a list of active linkers
PAUSESOUNDS - Pauses all sounds
PREFERENCES - Opens advanced settings
RELAUNCH - Relaunches the engine
REPORT - Copies a report of the current game to clipboard
SET [class variable value] - Sets a specified class and specified variable with the specified value
SETSENSITIVITY [number] - Sets the mouse sensitivity to the specified number
SETRES [WxHxD] - Sets your screen resolution to the specified width, height, and color depth
SLOMO 1 - Sets the speed of the game back to normal real time speed
SLOMO 2 - Sets speed to double. Increase number to go faster
SLOMO .5 - Sets speed to half. Decrease number to go slower
SOCKETS - Displays a list of sockets in use
TOGGLEFULLSCREEN - Toggles fullscreen mode
TYPE [text] - Displays the specified text on the console
UNPAUSESOUNDS - Un-pauses all sounds
Adrenalin and Special Moves
UT2003 introduces a range of special moves which can be performed by your character under certain circumstances. Some require that you have 100 Adrenalin. Others, like the Dodging moves require that you have the Dodge setting ticked (See In-game Settings section). A list is provided below:
You can get Adrenalin by picking up the red and white pills scattered throughout the levels, or by achieving kills. Once your Adrenalin reaches 100, you will be allowed to perform one of the following special moves, the effects of which will only last for a while:
Speed - forward, forward, forward, forward
Regen - back, back, back, back
Invisibility - right, right, left, left
Berserk - forward, forward, back, back
These can be performed at any time, but require a fair bit of practice and skill to master. Remember, you need to activate the Dodge setting to use the dodge moves.
Double Jump - Jump and then press jump again in the arc of the jump.
Dodge - Tap Left, right, forward or back twice.
Dodge Jump - Perform a dodge, and jump just before you lose your air.
Wall Jump - Run alongside a wall, dodge (double tap) into it and as you're about to hit it, quickly dodge away from it.
Goo Jump - Shoot some goo from the Biorifle, get a shield up using the shield gun, jump just when goo explodes (You can also use the shield gun to bounce energy weapons, break your fall and of course block normal weapons.)
Lift Jump - Jump while on a lift to get an extra boost.
Death from Above - If you jump from a great height and land on someone you'll cause them damage.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 1 [Introduction]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 2 [The Essentials]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 3 [Installation and Patches]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 4 [In-Game Settings (Part 1)]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 5 [In-Game Settings (Part 2)]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 6 [In-Game Settings (Part 3)]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 7 [Advanced Tweaking]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 8 [Advanced Tweaking (Part 2)]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 9 [Advanced Tweaking (Part 3)]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 10 [Console Commands & Special Moves]
- UT2003 Tweak Guide - Page 11 [Benchmarking & Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard