Let's Get Started
The process of updating to Windows XP Service Pack 1 is not as difficult as you might imagine. In fact, it is fairly simple actually.
Step 1 - First of all you will need to download the 133mb Service Pack 1 file from the Internet ready for installation, if you can find a working mirror anywhere. I would have recommended you getting it from Microsoft servers but from the time it took to write this guide Microsoft pulled it from their Premier Download section. So, here are a list of mirrors I have found that work at time of writing this guide - Keep trying, one of them will work eventually.
As we find more mirrors we will add them here, if you know any others please do us a favor and email us with the details!
If you have no luck finding the file, alternatively you can wait a few days till Microsoft officially release the Service Pack to the public.
Step 2 - Once you have downloaded the file you will need to also go ahead and download the sneaky Windows XP serial key changer - This is the program which makes the installation of Windows XP Service Pack 1 possible for you naughty folks out there that use an illegal copy of Windows. If you don't change your serial key you'll get booted out of the install process half way through with the following error message.
Of course, if you are one of those good folks who have a legit version of Windows, you can skip this section and jump straight to the installation of the Service Pack. The program we will use to change your serial key is readily available all over the Internet - Microsoft asked us a few days to remove the file from our servers, but a friend offered to host the file on his servers for us. Download the Serial Key Changer program and Viewer here.
How much to upgrade to x64 Edition?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- XP SP1 Updating - Page 1 [Introduction]
- XP SP1 Updating - Page 2 [Let's Get Started]
- XP SP1 Updating - Page 3 [Let's Get Started Continued]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ROME: Total War is coming to iPhone, August 23rd
- Micron Outs In-House High Performance NVMe SSD Controller
- Silicon Motion Details SM2270 Enterprise SSD Controller
- Fullbright's Gone Hone will debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Dr. Strange/Avengers buildings spotted in Spider-Man trailer
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Buy (2 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1,398
- Buy (10 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,500
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada
- Razer NOMMO Pro is Available For Purchase
- Beat-'Em-Up Coffee Crisis Out On Xbox One Today
- New World Boss Karanda Coming to Black Desert Online SEA