Originally, the buyers guide was going to be every two or three weeks, which turned out to be a little crazy, as a lot of the time, you won't have anything that's worthy of being included here being released in that time frame. Thus, the guide is going to take a little longer to come out, and will make appearances once a month, or a little longer if nothing really decent comes out in the time frame. Mind you, if something really good comes out, it will be added ASAP!
This month sees the addition of quite a few items which, in some cases, will change the way PC games will be played for a while. This is of course the new Radeon 9700 from ATi, which amongst other things, has support for the yet to be released Direct X 9. Other additions to this guide are the brand new Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz, Samsung RIMM 4200 (32-bit PC1066) RDRAM sticks, Corsair PC3200 CAS 2 DDR RAM and the EPoX 8K5A3+.
Amazingly, the new AMD flagship processor was released a few days ago, and such is the competitiveness of the CPU market, it isn't good enough to slot into this guide. As a result, there are a lot of great products not on here. Remember, this is just a collection of some of the best products on the market, not all of them, so there are others about if you don't want to take one on here.
Ed. Note : Throughout this guide at the end of each section, you will see links to our Pricegrabber feature. Pricegrabber is a 3rd party feature of TweakTown which allows you to search for the best price on a particular product, saving you searching the entire Internet for the best prices. Additionally, prices are listed in Australian dollars. For USD, divide by two for the rough conversation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard